Caring for Your Body After Cesarean Delivery
Our specialized Oncology Physical Therapist helps by providing education and hands-on treatment such as:
- Loss of functional mobility, weakness and stiffness due to surgery, chemotherapy or radiation therapy.
- Lymphedema care - Helping reduce the build up of fluid in soft body tissues when the lymph system is damaged or not functioning fully.
- Neuropathy - weakness, numbness, and pain from nerve damage, usually in the hands and feet
is a physical medical device with hand and foots plates. It is attached to a pedestal and is controlled by a tablet to predict and prevent Lymphedema. Lymphedema is one of the most life altering consequences of cancer treatments. Early detection is critical to preventing lymphedema from becoming a chronic condition. SOZO®
helps healthcare professionals to identify at-risk patients early and intervene before lymphedema becomes irreversible.
Early detection of secondary lymphedema using L-Dex combined with at-home intervention using standard compression therapy has been shown reduce the progression of lymphedema by 95%.
SOZO is non-invasive, fast, and easy to use. Results from the 30-second test are available immediately providing proactive patient care including early detection of disease progression, treatment monitoring, and patient education.
Pain during pregnancy is common, but often easily treated. Some common pregnancy related conditions we treat include:
- Pre and post c-section education
- Diastasis Recti - your stomach sticks out because the space between your left and right stomach muscles has widened
- Pre and post pregnancy exercise safety
General Orthopedics and Pain
- Safe exercise instruction
- Posture and body mechanics
- Fall prevention
We treat all orthopedic conditions, but specialize in conservative management, sport specific rehabilitation for women of all ages.