Maternal Transport Services
The Women’s Hospital's highly-skilled Maternal Transport Team specializes in providing medical intervention to expectant mothers with obstetric emergencies and high-risk pregnancies. Our on-site ambulance will quickly mobilize to bring a multidisciplinary team consisting of a trained paramedic, a high-risk obstetrical nurse, and a respiratory therapist to you. We strive to make transferring high-risk obstetrical patients as easy as possible.
Our Maternal Transport Team, guided by our Maternal-Fetal Medicine Specialists, is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Each member of the team is certified in NRP, STABLE, and ACLS providing the necessary expertise to care for your high-risk mothers.
Once our team has arrived at The Women’s Hospital, your patient has access to a multitude of resources including our OB ED and Antepartum unit. If patients require an extended stay, we work to provide regular patient updates and information on your patient’s plan of care.
If you are an obstetrical provider wishing to arrange a maternal transport, please call 812-629-6788
If you are a critical access provider or ED provider wishing to discuss a maternal transport, please call 812-450-1111.
Neonatal Transport Services
The Neonatal Transport Team at The Women’s Hospital specializes in the safe and swift transport of premature and sick newborns in need of critical care. With an on-site ambulance equipped with the most advanced technology, the transport team is committed to a rapid departure. Our team, guided by a neonatologist, consists of specially trained neonatal nurses and respiratory therapists with expertise in airway management and stabilization of critically-ill babies to extend the same high-standard and quality of care as our very own NICU. Our ultimate goal is reuniting healthy babies to their family and community.
In addition, the Neonatal Transport Team offers these services:
- Available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week to meet your specific needs
- Dedicated Medical Director and transport coordinator to ensure high clinical standards and oversee daily operations of transport team
- Timely communication with family and referring hospital and physician of infant’s condition, stability and plan of care
- Temperature regulated transport isolette
- Ability to transport twins in same isolette
- Conventional and high-frequency ventilation on transport
- Inhaled nitric oxide available for ventilation
- Advanced certification in NRP, STABLE and Cardiac STABLE
For healthcare professionals to arrange for a Neonatal Transport, please call 812-598-NICU