At the time of registration, you must provide the following
- Photo ID issued by a local, state or federal agency, or
- Two forms of non-photo ID provided that at least one is issued by a local, state or federal agency (ex. Social Security card and a utility bill)
In the case of a minor who does not have a driver's license, proof of identity is established if the parent or guardian provides proof of their own identity.
A referral is required by state law to initiate treatment by a licensed physical therapist. The state of Indiana requires a referral for both evaluation and treatment of a patient. Referral to Physical Therapy should be in writing and signed by the primary provider. A referral can come from a family physician, an internal medicine physician, an OB/ GYN, a surgeon, a physician's assistant, a nurse practitioner and any other medical specialist.
Your First Appointment
During your first appointment, you can expect the following:
- Arrive at your appointment 10-15 minutes early with your paperwork completed or to fill out your paperwork.
- Provide your referral for physical therapy.
- We will copy your insurance card.
- You will be seen for the initial evaluation by a licensed physical therapist. The therapist will discuss the following:
- Your medical history
- Your current problems/complaints
- Pain intensity, what aggravates and eases the problem
- How this is impacting your daily activities or your functional limitations
- Your goals for physical therapy
- Medications, tests, and procedures related to your health
- Wear loose fitting clothing so you can expose the area we will be examining and treating.
- Make sure you bring your physical therapy referral (provided to you by your physician) and your payment information.
- If your insurance is covering the cost of physical therapy, bring your insurance card.
- If you are covered by Workers' Compensation, bring your claim number and your case manager's contact information.
- If you are covered by auto insurance or an attorney lien, make sure you bring this information.