As a Level II Trauma Center, Deaconess has the responsibility and privilege to serve as a community and regional resource to other health care providers. To transfer a patient call 812-450-1111
We offer multidisciplinary trauma education that covers subjects from prehospital to rehabilitation. These courses and programs are designed to improve patient outcomes by teaching the most current procedures and techniques for seriously injured patients.
A well-coordinated trauma team, continuous quality improvement efforts, a medical review process, a trauma registry, medical staff, regional EMS providers and administrative staff combine to make the Deaconess Regional Trauma Center an exceptional and successful program. We are nationally verified by the American College of Surgeons (ACS) as a Level II Trauma Center and state designated by the Illinois Department of Public Health as a Level II Adult and Pediatric Trauma Center.
These Trauma Programs and Courses
are for health professionals
- Advanced Trauma Life Support® (ATLS®)
- Advanced Trauma Care for Nurses (ATCN)
- Prehospital Trauma Life Support (PHTLS)
- Trauma Nursing Core Course (TNCC)
- Illinois Trauma Nurse Specialist (TNS) Course
- Rural Trauma Team Development Course (RTTDC)
- Annual Deaconess Trauma Conference