For Patients Who Require Hospitalization
- Care and counseling for patients with a history of recurrent pregnancy loss
- Care for mothers with health conditions prior to pregnancy
- Genetic counseling
- Management of multiple gestations (twins, triplets, etc.)
- Management of obstetrical complications, including pre-term labor and preeclampsia
- Management of pregnancies conceived through fertility services
- Preconceptional counseling
- Prenatal diagnostic and therapeutic procedures
- Fetal echo
- Diabetes management
Patients who require hospitalization during their high-risk pregnancy are referred to as “antepartum” patients. The Women’s Hospital has a special antepartum unit with highly-skilled nurses dedicated to caring for these patients. It is our goal to work with you and your family to provide comfort during your stay. Our home-like accommodations, liberal visitation, and family-centered environment are intended to reduce stress.
OB Emergency Department
The Women’s Hospital has a 24-hour OB Emergency Department
staffed by board certified obstetricians, in-house anesthesia and radiology coverage.
To benefit women and infants in surrounding communities, our physicians also accept high-risk maternal transfers. Learn more about our highly-skilled maternal and neonatal transport teams