Exceptions will be made for one visitor in the areas below:
- Outpatient appointments
- Outpatient Surgery
- Inpatient Surgery (day of surgery only)
- Patients without mental capacity to answer questions or make decisions
- End-of-life discussions and visitations
- Pediatric units at Deaconess Gateway
- Pediatric Trauma Unit at Deaconess Midtown
- Obstetrical patients at The Women’s Hospital
- NICU at The Women’s Hospital
All visitors must be at least 18 years old unless they are the parent of a patient, or are an emancipated minor.
Additionally, all infusion areas will restrict visitors except for those patients who require a physical caregiver.
These temporary restrictions will assist in limiting the spread of COVID-19, and help us further prepare for what is expected to be a significant increase in COVID-19 patients needing inpatient care.
Deaconess, along with other regional hospitals, will follow state and national recommendations for lifting these restrictions.
Thank you for your cooperation as we protect patients and staff, and prepare our organization, during these unprecedented times.
Deaconess Cross Pointe
- No visitation allowed if a visitor reports symptoms of COVID-19. This includes family members going to a family therapy session.
- Anyone reporting symptoms of COVID-19 and seeking a CARE Team assessment will be directed to complete a phone or virtual assessment.
- CARE Team will coordinate with the Emergency Department to care for a patient with an acute mental health issue and symptoms of COVID-19.
Additionally, all non-essential visitors, vendors and contractors are prohibited from hospital facilities while these restrictions are in place.
Thank you for your patience and cooperation as we work to protect our patients and health care staff.