Deaconess Health System held a groundbreaking ceremony today for a new GI Center on the Deaconess Gateway Campus.
The new 140,000 square foot facility will allow patients with both acute and chronic digestive disorders to receive care from a team of GI experts in a single location.
Services will include diagnostic and interventional endoscopic procedures, diagnostic imaging and lab services, GI* specialist consult care, along with nutritional and surgical consultation.
The building will include:
- An endoscopy suite with 9 procedure rooms and 48 pre/post procedure bays
- A GI Quick Care, offering same/next day appointments for patients with urgent digestive issues
- GI Clinic for pediatric and adult patients, with 24 exam rooms, and space for Research Institute at Deaconess Clinic for clinical trials
- A GI Specialty Clinic dedicated to complex GI conditions
- Medical Weight Loss Clinic
- Conference/education room for patient education and support groups
- Radiology and lab services
“By including multiple specialty areas that combine GI services into one location, we’ll not only improve collaboration among providers, but also the patient experience,” said Lynn Lingafelter, Chief Operating Officer, Deaconess Health System.
The building is expected to be completed mid-2022.