Deaconess Family Medicine Residency
It is the vision of DFMR to be the premier family medicine program in producing servant leader physicians.
It is the mission of DFMR to develop competent and compassionate physicians through excellence and innovation in medical education, clinical practice, scholarship and community service.
- To promote life-long learning and wellness through a curriculum that is innovative, flexible and sensitive to the needs of residents, students and the community.
- To train family physicians to consistently deliver quality patient care that is comprehensive, evidence-based, and cost conscious.
- To provide patient-centered care within the context of the family system that is coordinated, accessible and personalized.
- To encourage scholarship with a focus on quality improvement while being critical consumers of research.
- To advance the health and well-being of our Tri-State community with a compassionate and caring spirit.
- To cultivate an environment promoting care for underserved populations with emphasis on health equity and social determinants of health.
- To develop physician leadership skills in order to advocate for our patients, community and profession.