Deaconess partnered with Annotto Bay Hospital in Jamaica to provide much needed resources to the Jamaican people. The partnership developed as a result of the near closure of the Annotto Bay Hospital over 20 years ago. This hospital is now considered one of the best rural hospitals in Jamaica.
- Family medicine residents, Deaconess attendings, nurses, pharmacists, pharmacy residents, IT, maintenance personnel, administrators and area nursing students conduct clinics in rural areas near the hospital and assist in other needed areas of the Annotto Bay hospital
- Much needed supplies are also donated by our health system
- Deaconess covers the cost of the trip for all residents attending
- Other clinic sites include:
- Robin’s Bay Clinic
- Long Road Clinic
- Islington Health Center Clinic