COVID-19 testing is available for patients who are ill with COVID-19 symptoms, as well as for individuals who need a COVID-19 test for travel, return-to-work or other reasons.
Like all other lab or medical tests, COVID-19 tests now require a physician order.
Read below to choose the situation that best represents your need.
I am sick and need to be evaluated or receive care.
- All primary care provider (PCP) locations, Deaconess Clinic EXPRESS, and Deaconess Clinic Urgent Care locations offer COVID-19 testing, in combination with flu and RSV testing.
- Schedule an appointment with your PCP via MyChart or by contacting the office
- Schedule your Urgent Care or EXPRESS appointment online
- If you are severely ill* and need emergency treatment, you will be tested at one of our Emergency Departments. However, if you do not need emergency care, please seek a COVID-19 test elsewhere.
*Severe symptoms include difficulty breathing; persistent pain or pressure in the chest; new confusion; inability to wake or stay awake; and pale, gray or blue-colored skin, lips or nail beds (depending on skin tone).
I am not sick, but need to receive a COVID-19 test to return to work* or for travel reasons.
- Contact your primary care provider via MyChart of by calling the office to let them know you need a test, and why.
- Once you have an order, you can schedule your testing appointment at any of the testing sites list below.
- Testing sites include:
Hours vary at each location.
*If you are a Deaconess employee, testing to return to work is available at the COMP Centers. Please see the Employee Exposure Plan on DWeb for more information.
If you have questions about whether or not your insurance will cover your COVID test, please contact your insurance carrier directly.
If you do not have insurance, you may apply for financial assistance after your COVID-19 testing appointment. Applications and more information on how to apply can be found here
If you have further questions on how to apply or what is needed to apply after your appointment, please contact our Patient Financial Assistance department at 812-450-3435