How do I get tested?
Patients can schedule their own drive-through test at below, or in their MyChart
accounts, under Find Care Now. You do NOT need a physician's order to be tested. Parents/caregivers of infants under 12 months of age should call their primary care
, or call 812-450-6550
office to arrange testing or care.
What is the testing process?
Once you schedule your test, and receive your confirmation, you’ll go to the testing site and follow the signs. A nasal swab will be taken and sent to our lab. We analyze the test in our lab, and have results within 24-48 hours (1-2 days). Patients will receive more information after their test, and are directed to self-quarantine until results come in.
How will I get my test results?
When will my test results be available?
- MyChart will be the fastest way to receive your results, as results will be instantly uploaded to your MyChart account after processing your test, which takes 24-96 hours.
- If you do not yet have a MyChart account, after you schedule your test, check your email for a link and instant activation code to create your free account. You can also sign up for a MyChart account now.
- If you do not set up a MyChart account, you will need to contact your primary care provider after 96 hours for your results.
- If you do not have a primary care provider, visit Find a Doctor, Urgent Care or call 812-450-6550 to schedule an appointment.
- If you are having trouble accessing your MyChart, call 812-450-HELP.
Your test results will be in MyChart
within 24-48 hours. If you do not receive your results in that time, contact your primary care provider.
I have made an appointment for testing but now I need to reschedule or cancel.
How much will my test cost?
- Go into MyChart and open your “Visits” (desktop) or “Appointments” (app) tab.
- Select your upcoming testing appointment.
- Select “Cancel Appt”, the reason for cancelling, and then confirm cancellation.
- If you need a different testing appointment, repeat the original scheduling process.
Patients with insurance should not have any out-of-pocket costs for a COVID-19 test that is eligible for insurance coverage, but you should check with your health plan to confirm before scheduling a test. If you have health insurance, you must update MyChart or email copies of your cards to firstname.lastname@example.org
. You will be responsible for any patient cost share as determined by your insurance. Those who present without insurance will have their information entered into a national database, and if insurance coverage cannot be confirmed, the test will be submitted to the federal program for the uninsured for payment.
Effective July 1, patients will be billed $139 for tests not covered by insurance or federal programs.
What kind of testing does Deaconess offer?
Our tests are called real-time PCR (RT-PCR). When you receive your results in MyChart, the information will also include the collection time and date, type of test, and information about the testing laboratory. Patients being tested for certain timelines/reasons, such as international travel, need to understand the requirements of their testing.