Deaconess Health System is the premier provider of health care services to 52 counties in three states (IN, IL, and KY). In addition to a favorable malpractice environment, substantial patient base, and cooperative licensure board, physicians and advanced practice providers find great diversity of clinical opportunity within the Deaconess system.
Learn more about the benefits of being a Deaconess provider in the video below, or contact a recruiter today.
Indiana & Kentucky Careers
Quick Facts about Deaconess Health System
HPSA and loan repayment opportunities
- U.S. News & World Report #2 hospital in Indiana for 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022 and 2023.
- Member of the National Cancer Institute’s National Community Oncology Research Program (NCORP).
- Primary stroke center
- Level II Trauma Center
- Magnet designation since 2013
- Deaconess is the premier provider of health care services to 38 counties in three states.
- Epic EHR - fully integrated electronic health record
- National leader in COVID-19 testing and response
- Robust telehealth program
- 8,000+ employees
To invest in our healthcare providers, Deaconess Health put in extensive effort to lay the groundwork for a Mental Health Professional Shortage designation for our county. We are now a recognized Health Professional Shortage Area (HPSA)
. This opens the doors for benefits such as federal and state funded student loan forgiveness for physicians, advanced practitioners, and nurses. Learn More >
About the area
The greater Evansville region is sized for success, both personally and professionally. Enjoy a rural, urban, or suburban lifestyle with easy access to high-quality schools, cultural events, a vibrant food and arts scene, and lots of trails, walking paths, and parks. Learn more
about the Evansville area.
The metropolitan community also features a low cost of living and above-average reimbursement rates.