Working with people who have dementia is about more than redirection. It takes full commitment to interact with and understand someone as a whole person.
The Alzheimer’s Association of Greater Kentucky and Southern Indiana has received a generous three-year gift to present a FREE ONE-DAY WORKSHOP
to help professional caregivers with the daily challenges and stressors. Caregivers will learn to decode verbal and behavioral messages and connect with those they care for using productive and rewarding methods.
• Effective Communication Strategies
• Intimacy, Sexuality, and Dementia
• Understanding and Responding to Dementia-Related Behavior
• Personal care issues
• Engage in real life ideas that can be integrated into your work-flow
• Change the way you think about your job every day
Check-in begins at 8:30am and includes lunch. Registration closes April 18th
. Please include your email in EVERY registrant. Register at www.alz.org/crf