Is your child starting to ask to stay home alone while you run errands? Do you want your daughter to occasionally watch her younger siblings for a few hours? Are your neighbors asking when your son can babysit for them? Then maybe it’s time for Safe Sitter®. Visit www.safesitter.org to learn more about the program.
Sign up for the Safe Sitter® class being held on Saturday, March 23, 2019 from 9:00am-3:30pm at The Women's Hospital, 3rd Floor, Classroom A (Room 3701), 4199 Gateway Boulevard, Newburgh, IN.
Class fee is $50. There is a 25% discount for The Women's Hospital employees. Please bring a sack lunch. Please call Maternal Care Educators or Christy Habermel, Safe Sitter Site Coordinator, at 812-842-4275 with any questions.
At Safe Sitter® students in grades 6-8 learn how to:
- Perform CPR and rescue a choking child and infant plus ways to prevent choking in the first place.
- Evaluate an injury to determine how to handle it including how to get help.
- Prevent problem behavior plus how to manage problem behavior situations.
- Keep themselves safe in threatening situations from power failures to prowlers.
- Care for a child’s basic needs including feeding, entertaining, and toileting.
- Be successful on the job by discussing important characteristics and habits of good babysitters.
- After registration form is submitted, you will receive an email confirmation with two additional forms to sign and return along with a confirmation letter explain the course in detail.